Sunday, March 25, 2012

Computer name could not be obtained

i have stupid problem that had effect my application distripuotion which i think is related either to connection string or something of the security setting of sql server or iis , actually i do not know what to do: the details of the problem is a have multi connection strings in this form :

sqlconnectionPubs =

New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Server=SALES-SERVER;Database=NajdiaServiceRequestDta; Asynchronous Processing=true; Integrated Security=True; Trusted_Connection=Yes;")

and the connection works just fine in my computer , even i put the database in the main server and still i can post data from my pc to the main server where my database exist but when i try to post from any other computer in the network it tells me : run time error : computer name could not be obtained.

I appreciat any help

thanks,

If this is SQLExpress I think you would have to have the connstring be

(SALES-SERVER\SqlExpress Instance name) the default would be

SALES-SERVER\SQLEXPRESS

|||

I still having the same problem that took time more than the time for creating the project and i am afraid that it is related to something in the network that i do not understand. so please keep sending me any new idea.

thanks

|||

w_inaim:

but when i try to post from any other computer in the network it tells me : run time error : computer name could not be obtained.

Where, exactly, are you getting this error? Is it when you try connecting to the database? Are all of your computers on the same domain? Do you have identity impersonate set to true?

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment