Thursday, March 29, 2012

concatenate columns in sql 2000

i need to concatenate two columns into one column in a table for sql 2000.Has the teacher covered this in class yet? There are multiple ways to do it, and without knowing what they've covered or what the assignment actually says it is tough to guess which answer they want.

-PatP|||I am simply trying to get some help. I am not a DBA, I am not in class for it, nor do I want to be one. I am a networking guy trying to get as much help as I can from other professionals. I have some basic familiarity with SQL but not much. I have to perform this concatenation for my job, but my company does not have a DBA either.

Can anyone help??|||If all you need is to get the job done, then I'd try using something like:UPDATE myTable
SET first_column = first_column + second_column-PatP

No comments:

Post a Comment