Thursday, March 29, 2012

Concatenate 2 date fields to show long date

How can I concatenate 2 fields (both declared as datetime) to show them in long date format.
I tried placing a hidden text box with each individual field formatted as long date. This works. However when I try joining these 2 fields in a new text box I get invlaid expression using the following syntax:
me.hidDateFrom.Value & me.HidDateTo.Value

This seems like an easy feat, but obviously not...

Thanks for any pointers.

You have to explain this better. Are you trying to get 2 column values (both datetime type) in one TextBox control by simply concatenating the string values? You may want to show what the column values are in your table as well as what you expect to see within the TextBox.|||

OK.

I'm trying to concatenate to datetime parameter values so that I get:
Report for the period 15 March 2006 to 20 March 2006.
15 March 2006 being the data returned from the startDate parameter whose value using this example is 15/03/2006 and 20 March 2006 being the data returned from the EndDate parameter whose value using this example is 20/03/2006.

I need to format the 2 datetime parameters to long dates AFTER input to show in a text box.
Hope this is more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment