Sunday, March 25, 2012

computer unable to connect to sql

My specific computer is not able to connect to SQL through ODBC link, anyone
have any ideas what can block a computer? Please read relevant information
below
-Other users on their computers can log into database using DNS
-I can log into database if I am logged onto a different computer
-Other users logged onto my computer cannot access the database
The purpose for this is I have created many DAPs, queries etc in access for
a time tracking program we use. Last week we upsized the database to MSDE
to mitigate corruption. To try and save time, I am trying to recreate the
access database (front end) using linked tables so all my queries, DAPs, etc
will work.
If this is the wrong group for this question, please direct me to the
correct location. Also I am not an IT or database admin so I am not sure if
I supplied all the information needed. If more info needed, just tell me
what you need.
Many Thanks
Paul D
"PaulD" <nospam> wrote in message
news:uvBZweOMGHA.208@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: My specific computer is not able to connect to SQL through ODBC link,
anyone
: have any ideas what can block a computer? Please read relevant information
: below
:
: -Other users on their computers can log into database using DNS
: -I can log into database if I am logged onto a different computer
: -Other users logged onto my computer cannot access the database
:
: The purpose for this is I have created many DAPs, queries etc in access
for
: a time tracking program we use. Last week we upsized the database to MSDE
: to mitigate corruption. To try and save time, I am trying to recreate the
: access database (front end) using linked tables so all my queries, DAPs,
etc
: will work.
:
: If this is the wrong group for this question, please direct me to the
: correct location. Also I am not an IT or database admin so I am not sure
if
: I supplied all the information needed. If more info needed, just tell me
: what you need.
:
: Many Thanks
: Paul D
:
Found the answer, in the library configuration changed network libraries
from TCP/IP to Named Pipes and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment